Sunday, January 2, 2011

10 things that I want to accomplish in 2011

New years always mean new starts and a set of goals. I have seen the pattern though of setting new years resolutions and never sticking to them, but what better time to change that habit with this little blog of mine to keep me motivated and document the adventures and progress of goals and new starts.

1. learn to sew. I can't tell you how frustrating it is that I have yet to learn to do this. To be able to hem and sew things that they fit perfectly would be charming. I must first invest in a little sewing machine though!

2. Get healthy, get fit! Oh yes, the famous get in shape new years resolution and the one so easily dismissed and failed at but not this time! This is something me and the boy are going to try to accomplish together. Something that will be documented weekly here hopefully to keep us motivated and going strong. And we'll be sharing our weights... *gasp!* I'm excited to actually do this this year.

3. Blog at least twice a week. As much fun as I'm having already I don't think this will be a problem. Look out blogging world, here comes Mandah!

4. Get organized, and stay organized. Not having a whole house to myself means that everything is in my room. My craft stuff, my paints, my photography equipment, and everything in between. I want to make my room functional, clean and organized + making it a cute and creative place. Right now it's an array of stuff scattered everywhere in different plastics bins and so-forth.

5. Make all A's and B's in my courses. This next semester I'm taking 19 credit hours, yikes! So I'll be a busy, busy bee working hard to keep this goal up.

6. Photoshoots, photoshoots, and more photoshoots. My goal would be able to get in my first wedding the year of 2011 and put to use the new camera I just acquired. Updates will always be happening on new photoshoots that I get to be a part of and projects that I just want to do on my own

7. Finishing a painting at least once a month. Painting is one of my loves and passions, but I never seem to stick to it enough or I put it last on my list so it never gets done. It's actually a huge stress reliever for me though so a little painting each month should be a great thing for other areas of my life.

8. Giving up Caffeine or most of it. This will be a toughie because I do enjoy a little to much coffee, but I want to not rely so much of a cup of joe to get me going in the morning.

9. Get a new tattoo. This isn't a much of a goal but more of a reward if I accomplish some of these goals up above. I've had a little idea in mind of a new tattoo this past year, something small but I've had my mind on it and would love to get it done one day

10. Road trip some. I've got a few short day trips in mind and hopefully will be able to throw in a longer time in there sometime in 2011. This is more of a reward too for accomplishing my new years resolutions.

Well hello new year, be nice. I am excited to start 2011 and see what is to come.

I love you all my darling dears.

-Mandah

No comments:

Post a Comment